Friday, July 15, 2011

Thailand so far...

We arrived in Thailand on Monday and hung out in Bangkok for a few days. We dived into the pad thai and other local cuisine (although the vegetarian food here is limited) and Miriam has been discovering new fruits :).
Miriam had a great time checking out all the market areas around Khau San (never remember how to spell that) and doing some shopping, while I wanted to get out as quickly as possible ;)

Oh, yeah and we went to see the dentist. A little place in the middle of Bangkok somewhere which was recommended to us by a friend of Saira's (is that right Miriam?). Nice little place and friendly dentist.
Miriam had been eager to come here since her last dentist appointment (a year and a half ago) prompted her to get 8 fillings!!!! And guess what the Thai dentist said; "I can't find any problems here" (even after two x-rays). So what has happened in the meantime? Have Miriam's teeth pulled a "wolverine" and magically healed themselves? Well, after a second opinion on the x rays we might know more.
In the meantime I decided I had better have a checkup too since my last one was a while ago (*hrmm*, 3 years ago). And what was the verdict? Teeth clean and 3 fillings. Alrighty, why not, it isn't gonna be this cheap in New Zealand. So I went ahead and got my fillings done and on top of that, got a fresh clean. 1300 Baht. Nice. I didn't ask about my wisdom teeth though, I think I'll leave that for another day :).

We're in Chiang Mai now and having a little trouble deciding what to do and where to go next...
Miriam is interested in a Thai massage course and I'm looking into a permaculture course at a farm further north.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam and Jo,

    seems you had a relaxing week in Nepal. Nice photos!!
    Please check your gmail accounts if you can. Rob from the meditation course in Akl. is trying to get into contact with you guys, particular with Miriam.

    Cheers
    Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elli! We got in touch :) It was during our Nepal time when we didn't have much internet access. Thanks! Xx M

    ReplyDelete