| Jo and I went for a walk this morning and met these Nepali girls living at the Tibetan camp. They are preparing the corn for their 12 chickens. (the chickens are not for eating-they are for eggs, they told us). We promised to come back tomorrow morning to drink something or eat something. This morning we were really full from our breakfast feast of halva (sweet nutty semolina), mango and banana fruit salad, curd (plain yoghurt), buffalo milk sweet Nepali tea, stir fried rice and veg from last night made spruced-up and tasty with pickled raddish (same as Japanese daikon, not sure of Nepali name), and sweet dry bread that we dunked French-style into our chai!!!! SO full and soo delicious!! |
Hi guys,
ReplyDeleteI've just spent the best part of today catching up on your adventures. I've really enjoyed reading your stories and seeing your beautiful photos - thanks! Jodhpur looked particularly amazing, and I love it that you ended up in a movie! Sound's like you've really embraced the whole experience.
Last Wednesday I just got back from a short holiday in Dunback. Sonja and Freja went down too, so it was lovely to have the whole family together. Terry and Annie visited and it was great to catch up with them! I think Terry said you're heading to Annapurna base camp. That's the same trek we did - I wonder what you'll think. The landscape is incredible. The trek is very developed for tourists now and it's not the most 'cultural' experience ... whatever that means. We loved it though so here's hoping you do too. To be up amongst those gigantic mountains is incredibly special. Eat some dahl baat and momos for us.
Lots of love, Yvonne.
P.S. You must be coming up to the end of your trip soonish - when do you get back? Looking forward to catching up and hearing all about the trip in person!
ReplyDeleteHey Yvonne!!! Cool! I heard you were going to Dunback for a holiday. It must have been so nice to be together with everyone back in good old Dunback, like old times :)
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have time to do the Annapurna treck as we were only staying in Nepal for a week! Crazy, but it felt like m,uch longer- we managed to keep very busy and fit so much in! So our treck was jkust a three day trip to Dempus and Sarangkot through the villages and rice fields and then back down this crazy steep hill to Hyungza where we were staying. It was super-nice and not so touristy, thank god, and very very beautiful, of course. I will put another post and some photos for everyone to see.
Yes! can't wait to catch up. We are in Kolcatta today and tonight and fly to Bangkok tomorrow lunchtime (whoop whoop! very excited!)and be in southeast asia for five weeks. so back in south island of NZ on 18th August!!!!
Take care, great hearing from you, and catch up soon!!!
KISSES!!!
Miriam