Friday, May 13, 2011

In Mysore

Yo yo!

Just a quick imagless post to say hello and that we are in Mysore, further north and west from where we've been previously. It is a nice town, I am enjoying the cleanliness and the large roads and organised (!) traffic. As proof of this, Jo walked out before the lights changed last night and got told off by a traffic police officer, even told to go back and wait. Being the rebel that he is, he didn't, of course, and I shook my head with an older woman who grinned back at me.

Mmmmm... we tried some local sweets that were utterly delicious and from the famous best sweet stand in Mysore. I can't remember the name, but some maise flour with sweet syrup. And mangos! they are in season now and very cheap from the markets. Had some icecream from a local parlour that was sooo sweet and not creamy and just tasted like lollies and all the flavours basically the same, so I have to say New Zealand does it better!

Today we are hopefully going to see the Raj Palace (I got a glimpse from the bus on our way into town), and then get a bus to Bangalore. From there we have a long long train ride to Pune which leaves Bangalore at about 8pm and arrives in Pune the following day at about 4pm. It is going to be a long ride! We have apparently got a bed, though, so we will see how much space and sleep we get. Apparently it is not uncommon for them to overbook and so you end up with 5 other people crammed on your bed. (When we went to book online there was a waiting list of over 50, but at the train station they gave us a bed straight away (?) Who knows?!

That;s all for now. Later when I get more time I will add some pictures and also tell you about our wicked time in Kudaikanal up in the cool mountains with amazing views and this farms we stayed on for one night on the edge of a cliff.

Kisses
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment